Maumee Tackle
River ReportShopping CartMy AccountCheckout

LIVE RADAR

SPRING STORE HOURS :

MONDAY-FRIDAY: 6AM--7PM

SATURDAY: 6AM--6PM

SUNDAY: 6AM--5PM

 

25TH ANNUAL MAUMEE TACKLE WALLEYE TOURNAMENT

SUNDAY APRIL 12TH

RIVER CONDITIONS : 03-30-15

 

WADING TO BLUEGRASS ISLAND IS NOT POSSIBLE

RIVER LEVEL: 582' 2'' - down 13 inches from yesterday

WATER TEMPRATURE: 38.9 at 5:30 am. Up 1.4 degrees from yesterdays reading.

WATER CLARITY: 8 ''

SUNRISE: 7:22 AM

SUNSET: 7:56 PM

 

GOOD MORNING ,

aaaFFISHING WAS SLOW TO FAIR YESTERDAY. BEST AREAS TO FISH DURING HIGH WATER ARE ORLEANS PARK, FORT MEIGS, THE WHITE ST. ACCESS, AND THE ALONG THE TOW PATH UP TO THE FORD ST. AREA. YOU MAY ALSO WANT TO TRY THE NORTH SIDE OF BLUEGRASS ISLAND IN THE CHANNEL AS FISH FILTER IN THERE DURING HIGH WATER. GOOD NEWS IS THE WATER TEMP. IS ON THE CLIMB. WE HAVE A GREAT WARMING TREND THIS WEEK. LOOK FOR FISHING TO PICK UP EVERYDAY THIS WEEK. FOR SOME OF YOU NEW GUYS; USING LIGHER TACKLE WILL PUT MORE FISH ON THE STRINGER. THE FORECAST FOR THIS WEEK: TODAYS HIGH 52 AND PARTLY SUNNY, TUESDAY 48 WITH 40% CHANCE OF RAIN, WEDNESDAY 55 MOSTLY SUNNY, THURSDAY 60-40% CHANCE OF RAIN, FRIDAY 45 60% CHANCE OF RAIN. FISHING: THROUGHOUT THE WEEK BETTER FISHING WILL REMAIN AT THE ACCESS SITES MENTIONED ABOVE. DON'T FORGET THE 25 ANNUAL MAUMEE TACKLE WALLEYE TOURNAMENT IS APRIL 12. ENTRY FORMS ARE READY. FOR MORE INFO ON THE TOURNAMENT CALL 419-893-FISH. HAVE A GREAT DAY AND GOOD LUCK FISHING.

 

 

The new 2015/ 2016 Ohio Fishing licenses are available for purchase. Remember that your 2014 license expired Saturday Feburary 28 so you will need your new 2015 license to fish . Ohio residents 16-65 are $19.00. Ohio residents 66 and over are $10.00. Non- Residents As in past years, try to bring your old license with you to speed up the process. CASH is the ONLY form of payment ACCEPTED for your Ohio License.

 

WE ARE STOCKED TO THE GILLS WITH EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR THE WALLEYE RUN.

OUR PRICING IS ROCK BOTTOM.

DONT FORGET TO BRING YOUR CATCH BY THE SHOP ,WE WILL BE HAPPY TO TAKE YOUR PHOTO AND POST IT ON OUR WEBSITE

 

 

JOSH'S FISH CLEANING SERVICE IS BACK AND SET UP IN OUR PARKING LOT!-$2 PER FISH AND $ 6 PER LIMIT.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2015 WEEKLY BIG JACK CONTEST

CONTEST IS FREE AND RUNS MONDAY MORNING THRU SUNDAY CLOSE OF BUSINESS-WEEKLY PRIZE IS A $25.00 GIFT CERTIFICATE TO MAUMEE TACKLE!

FISH MUST BE CAUGHT LEGALLY WITH NO SNAG MARKS ! HEAVIEST JACK EACH WEEK WINS.

THE HEAVIEST JACK THROUGH-OUT THE CONTEST PERIOD WILL ALSO RECEIVE A $50.00 GIFT CERTIFICATE.

MUST BE CAUGHT ON THE MAUMEE RIVER!

 

 

 

WEEK 2 BIG JACK WINNER 6.87 LBS

WALLEYE TAKEN THE WEEKEND OF 3/28-3/29

WALLEYE TAKEN 3-25-15

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

WALLEYE TAKEN 3-23-15

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BIG JACK CONTEST WEEK 1 WINNER IS GRANT P. (pictured below) 6 lb 1oz WINS 25$ GIFT CERTIFICATE

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

WALLEYE TAKEN 3/21-3/22

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

WALLEYE TAKEN 03.21.15

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

WALLEYE TAKEN 03-20-15

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

MARIO CAMPOS WITH A NICE SRING WALLEYEAAAAAAAAAAAMARIO CAMPOS JR. WITH SUMMER SAUGEYE

walleye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TROPHY ROOM

 

WALLEYE AND WHITE BASS PICTURES 2014

 

WALLEYE AND WHITE BASS PICTURES 2013

 

 

 

1

 

1

IF YOU WANT TO SHOW OFF YOUR CATCH TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY BRING YOUR CATCH TO THE SHOP AND WE WILL POST YOU AND YOUR CATCH ON OUR WEB-SITE. THERE IS NO COST.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1111

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2014 MONTHLY CATFISH CONTEST

THE HEAVIEST CATFISH BROUGHT IN FOR 2014 THIS YEAR WAS MARCUS ROEMELEN WITH A 31.10lb FLATHEAD! MARCUS WON A $50.00 GIFT CERTIFICATE TO THE SHOP FOR HIS CATCH. CONGRATULATIONS AND THANK YOU TO ALL WHO TOOK THE TIME TO BRING IN THEIR CATCHES THIS YEAR !

 

 

11

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1111

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

11

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2014 BIG WHITE BASS CONTEST

THE OVER-ALL WINNER IN THE "BIG WHITE BASS CONTEST" IS MAX McVICKER OF WHITEHOUSE OHIO. MAX WAS FISHING ORLEANS PARK USING A JIG WITH A WHITE CURL TAIL WHEN HE CAUGHT A 2.25lb WHITE BASS, THERE IS NO PICTURE.

11111

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2014 BIG JACK CONTEST

THE OVER-ALL WINNER WITH THE HEAVIEST JACK IS PATRICK ANDERSON WITH A 6.84lb JACK. PATRICK WINS A ADDITIONAL $50.00 GIFT CERTIFICATE FROM MAUMEE TACKLE.

 

1111

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2013 CATFISH CONTEST

CC THE OVER-ALL WINNER IN THIS YEARS "BIG CAT CONTEST" IS DONNIE HAYES WITH A 40.12 LB FLATHEAD! A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL WHO TOOK THE TIME AND BROUGHT IN YOUR BIG CATS THIS YEAR ! WE WILL STILL BE UPDATING THE WEBSITE AND PUTTING PICTURES UP THROUGHOUT OCTOBER, SO BRING IN YOUR FISH AND WE WILL POST THEM ON THE WEBSITE !

 

 

1111

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a aa aJUNE WINNER - BRAD WEAVER 35.5 lbsaaaaaaaaa aaaAA AAAaJULY WINNER - TREVOR J. HERMAN 39.1 lbs aa aaaa aa aaaA aAUGUST WINNER - DONNIE HAYES 40.12 lbs a aaa a aa a a a SEPTEMBER WINNER - MARCUS ROEMELEN 25.0 lbs

 

 

 

 

 

1

THE CHATTER BAIT FlashBack Mini BACK IN STOCK

Comes in three sizes 1/16 oz, 1/8 oz and 3/16 oz. This bait will catch anything that swims. Not only great for white bass and walleyes, but work great on largemouth, smallies, and crappies. Comes in five colors.

 

 

 

 

 

AAAWE HAVE WEDDING RING LURES IN STOCK !

 

1

111TTHE WEDDING RING LURE IS THE HOTTEST WALLEYE LURE IN WASHINGTON STATE. ALSO USED FOR TROUT. I'VE GIVEN A FEW OUT FOR FEILD TESTING IN THE RIVER AND THE RESULTS WERE GOOD. WE HAVE EIGHT COLORS IN STOCK. EACH HAVE A 48'' 10lb TEST LEADER AND IS FISHED EITHER ON A CAROLINA RIG, TROLLING SINKER OR ANY OF YOUR FAVORITE WAYS TO GET IT DOWN. THIS WILL BE A EFFECTIVE WAY TO CATCH WALLEYES ON LAKE ERIE TOO. FISHED JUST LIKE A WORM HARNESS WITH A PIECE OF NIGHT CRAWLER OR SHINER FOR ON THE LAKE. LET US KNOW HOW THEY WORKED FOR YOU. COST IS $ 2.89

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

11

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

COSTA RICA WINTER 2013 14 aaa

 

COSTA RICA SUMMER 2013

 

COSTA RICA A NEW BEGINNING

 

COSTARICA JUNE 2010

 

OUR LATEST TRIP TO COSTA RICA RR

 

TRIP TO COSTA RICA FEBUARY 2010

T

 

OUR COSTA RICAN ADVENTURE 2008

 

 

REDSHOULDER HAWKS