In the summer of 2019, we launched our expansion into the kayak industry and began selling and renting kayaks! It has been an amazing journey, and we appreciate each and everyone of you for being by our side throughout the process.
We are an authorized Jackson, Pelican, Perception, and Wilderness Systems dealer. We offer both recreational, and fishing kayaks; so there is something for everyone! We also sell a variety of tandems, and paddle boards. Be sure to check out our “Kayak” page to see some of our current inventory!
We offer a large variety of accessories to help ensure that we will have everything you need to get started, as well as down the road! We carry a full line of YakAttack products for all of your kayak fishing gear that you need. Along with this we carry Geckobrands – waterproof accessories ranging from simple cell phone protectors to totes. All of which is top notch quality to make sure your valuables stay safe and dry during your adventures. Another line we carry Stohlquist Waterware – this covers personal flotation device needs, as well as other apparel needs.
Paddles: We provide a full range of paddles, we have some perfect for beginners as well as more advanced kayakers. With that being said wehave a price range that can be anywhere between $29.99 to $299.99. Some of the many brands that we are stocked on include: pelican, bending branches, and aqua-bound. Stop in and we’ll help you decide which one is best for you!
Kayak Storage & Transportation:
We have a few different options to be able to accommodate to everyone different wants and needs on their kayak adventure, we are sure we have one thats perfect for you! We have both singles, and tandems available for rentals.
- We strictly offer “sit on top” kayaks for ALL rentals ensuring the safest trip possible, to ensure an enjoyable stress free adventure
- Reservations are not required, but they are recommended to avoid disappointment. Call to make reservation
- Reservations require a $30 deposit
- Please be at the shop within 15 minutes of reservation otherwise we can not guarantee kayak availability
- Credit Card & ID required on file
- Must be 18 years or older to rent kayaks, otherwise adult signature is necessary
- Paddles, & lifejackets provided with all rentals
Maumee Tackle Down River Trip – $30.00 per person
This option provides transportation, meaning we will drop you off up river, you’ll float down stream to your destination and call us when you’re ready to get picked up! This option also provides a variety of different drop off & pickup locations depending on the distance you’d like to kayak.
- Farnsworth Metropark to Orleans Park – 8.7 miles /estimated to take 4 hours
- Farnsworth Metropark to Sidecut Metropark – 6.3 miles /estimated to take 3 hours
- Waterworks Park to Orleans Park – 6.7 miles /estimated to take 3 hours
- Waterworks Park to Sidecut Metropark – 4.3 miles /estimated to take 2 hours
- Sidecut Metropark to Orleans Park – 2.4 miles / estimated to take 1.5 hours
Float Around – $30.00 per person
This is a great option if you’re looking to try out kayaking for the first time, or just want to be able to go and explore some of the local islands located in the Maumee River. This is a 3 hour rental for a fee of $30.00 dollars. That once again includes your life jacket, paddle, and transportation. For the “float around” option we will drop you off at Orleans Park and then pick you up at Orleans Park 3 hours later.
Kayak To Go – $25.00
This option allows you to rent a kayak for a full day at a set cost. While we still provide a life jacket and paddle, you are responsible for the transportation of the kayak from the shop.